Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thought o' the Day



I love the new tagline Volkswagen is using these days: "Dare to be Happy." A much needed challenge for the cynical attitudes that are quite the norm today. Especially as we head into the Christmas season. Now, I'm not saying that buying the shiny new VW is the key to being happy (it wouldn't make me sad, either :) ). The world sure needs more of those that dare to be happy - even in the face of difficult situations and disappointments.

There was another billboard in the series that I love even more. It said:

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy.

Love that! I looked all over the internets for an image of that billboard but couldn't find one. Regardless, I'm sure going to try to remember the spirit of that message throughout the always hectic holiday season.

No comments: