Monday, November 3, 2008

My Two Year Old Explains What Jesus Is Really Doing Up In Heaven

This weekend, I had a fabulous time trick or treating, playing in leaves and hanging with my two kids. My favorite moment had to be at lunch on Saturday. We had just said our prayer, when my two year old son, Luke, asked "Daddy, where is Jesus?"

Before I could answer, my six year old daughter, Grace, jumped in with her explanation. That Jesus was in heaven, but he is also in our hearts...and that's why we've got to help people because that's what Jesus taught us to do.

So as my own heart was beaming with pride at Grace's profoundly beautiful answer, Luke just looks at us both for a moment and then replies...

Wait for it...

"No, Jesus is up in heaven eating carrots."

Which who knows...maybe he is. I searched throughout the Gospels and didn't find any passage that says he WASN'T up in heaven eating carrots, so maybe Luke is onto something. :)

1 comment:

Lauren Orser said...

I love it...that's hilarious!!!