Monday, July 28, 2008

Thank You Randy Pausch

"We can't change the cards we're dealt, just how to play the hand."
- Randy Pausch




In his final months, while millions of people world-wide were watching his inspirational last lecture, Randy Pausch was cocooned at home in Virginia with his wife and three young children. "Every time I'm with the kids now, there's this total sense of urgency that I try not to let them pick up on," he said. "I can't say things and reinforce them in four years. My time is now." The computer-science professor from Carnegie Mellon University, honored as one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people in the world, died at home Friday morning at age 47 of pancreatic cancer.

Thank you Randy for your strength, conviction and example. It is a lesson that has inspired millions and one I hope I never forget.

No comments: