Monday, July 28, 2008

California Dreamin'!

Back from an amazing trip to the West Coast. It was truly inspiring on a number of levels. I'll share some bloughts on it in some future posts, but first things first. I got several friends questioning my theory that LL Cool J's Going Back to Cali is the greatest song about California ever written.

On my trip I was given several suggestions, and thought of some other awesome California songs such as:

• California Dreamin' - Mamas & Papas
• California Girls - Beach Boys (or was that David Lee Roth?)
• Dani California - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
• L.A. Woman - The Doors
• Los Angeles - Frank Black
• California UberAlles - Dead Kennedys
• Hotel California - The Eagles

All good suggestions and songs, but I stand by my original statement: none of these style of profile as much as Ladies Love Cool James! Here's a list of some others if you'd like to cast your vote.

No comments: