Friday, July 18, 2008

My Birthday Girl


Six years ago today, one of my biggest blessings came into the world. Amelia Grace McCluskey was born as the sun rose at 5:03 am, and she has continued to bring sunshine into my life ever since. I know I'm biased, but she really is just too awesome for words. Unfortunately for her, I'm afraid she has taught me much more than I have taught her, including:

• Despite a dad's best efforts, little girls will become "boy crazy" at whatever point they feel like it.

• It is possible for a child to ask "Are We There Yet?" on a long car ride over 12,365 times with no recollection of the previous 12,364 queries.

• There is no end to the imagination and creativity of young children.

• You never realize how dangerous your home is until your child begins walking.

• A parent is capable of driving like Bo and or Luke Duke escaping from Roscoe P. Coletrane (git git) through crowded traffic to get their child to the emergency room as their child projectile vomits in the backseat.

• Sleep is overrated.

• OK, I take that one back...

• An awesome Friday night can consist of nothing more than giving your child a bath and reading "Good Night Moon."

• Somehow, little girls get more beautiful everyday.

• Having kids makes for long days but short years.


And most importantly....

Once you become a parent, your heart now walks around and exists outside your body.

Happy Birthday, Gracie-Girl!!! Daddy loves you always!!

No comments: