Friday, July 30, 2010

Two week test

A speaker at my church shared this concept last weekend that I thought was really cool. His theory was to imagine seeing everyone you come into contact with for the next two weeks as God sees them.

Everyone?

Yes, everyone.

That means for two weeks, even the most annoying, self-centered, high-maintenance people (Lebron, I'm talking to you) would be greeted with grace, understanding and forgiveness.

This would transform the world, at least your world, in just two weeks time. But man, is it hard to really do.

I've wanted to do this over the past week, but must admit I have failed miserably.

Because everyone means everyone.

The debby-downer co-worker that just wants to complain...

The old lady driver in front of you that doesn't know how to merge and thinks 45 mph is just fine on the interstate...

The Bama or Gator fan in your life...

The "YouTube video guy" that swears the clip is going to get hilarious in another 6:23....

The reality show contestant or latest celebrity trainwreck...

The black-hole on the basketball court who never met a shot he wouldn't take. Wait, that's me...

The test is to see EVERYONE you see as God sees them. I'm going to start my two week test over again next week. Give it a shot yourself and let me know how it goes.

No comments: