Thursday, February 14, 2008

Psalm 34:4-5

Today's Psalm o' the day:

"I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me, freeing me from all my fears. Those who look to Him will be radiant with joy: no shadow of shame will darken their faces."
- Psalm 34: 4-5

I love this verse, especially the part about "those who look to Him will be radiant with joy." Do you know anyone who just by walking into a room lights the place up? A person who makes you feel better, just by being around? I have a couple friends with this gift. I've always wanted to have their type of presence - to radiate with joy. The thing I notice about these friends, besides their great smiles, generous nature and endless supply of positivity, is that they are the people I know that are most in tune with their spiritual nature. They are all about deeping their faith and relationship with God. And as this Psalm promises, by looking to Him they have become "radiant with joy." Awesome!

No comments: