Thursday, February 26, 2009

Help Me Figure Out What to Give Up for Lent...

I'm truly at a loss for what I should be giving up for Lent this year. Considering we are already into day two, I am admittedly behind on this. In previous years, I've adopted the concept of "taking up" something rather than "giving up" something. I think that started the year I gave up drinking tea. I was such a crab without the caffeine that no one, including myself, wanted to be around me.

Not the purpose of Lent, I don't believe.

Which is probably why I'm stalling this year. I've been asking around, and here's a sample of things other friends are giving up:

A father I know said he's "giving up yelling at his boy." All righty then.

A girl I know said she was "giving up Facebook." So, what would I do during work? KIDDING!

Several people have said "they're giving up giving up things." Really? Remind me again exactly when we went back in time to the 7th grade?

All of which leaves me more confused than ever. So I turn it over to you, dear blog reader, ask: what should I give up for Lent?

And if you say "blogging" I WILL cry. :)

1 comment:

Lori Inman said...

I think it should be something that stings but doesn't make you cry. For me that would be chocolate, my favorite pillow or Gillian Welch. It would not be breakfast, beer or blogging.