Wednesday, January 28, 2009

And...Action!

My buddy Matthew of Normal Watches just wrote this killer blog post that I wanted to share. In part, because he hits the nail on the head in so many ways. And in part because it was way better than anything I had to post today. Matthew's a great guy, I don't think he'd mind. Enjoy, and then go pick out one of his awesome trailblazing timepieces over at Normal Watches.


Off the bat, I’m supposed to use this opportunity to sell you a watch – but I’ll come ‘round to that in a sec.

I have to remark on what is the most obvious change in being a US citizen: President Obama. In just one short week, he has ordered Gitmo closed, has spoken directly to the Muslim world on an Arabic TV network, is pushing his $800B stimulus package through Congress like a pit-bull, has tightened up ethical and lobbying concerns in the White House, and has gone forward with his promise on getting our troops out of Iraq to re-focus on Afghanistan. My wife made the point that this makes her even angrier with former President Bush’s lack of action, and I have to agree.

It all underscores one of my favorite adages in the world: the best time to plant a tree was 15 years ago. The second best time is today.

No matter where we find ourselves as a country, as an individual, or even as a business, the best time for action is right now. To say that I’ve been inspired by Barack over the last two years puts me in the majority of the world – but to be inspired to action is where the bell curve slims.

Action. Action that may result in mistakes. Action that may result in accolades. But only action brings results. And the time for that action is not tomorrow, but today.

OK, quick plug for the watches. But I’ll let others speak for us:
Nylon Magazine: http://www.nylonmag.com/?section=article&parid=2541
BUST Magazine: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3100/3233808823_d571103a6f_o.jpg

If you haven’t buzzed over to our YouTube page to see the craziness there, you’re missing out on, well, something. http://www.youtube.com/user/NormalWatches

Three new watches are being manufactured right now, should be available in March. But of course we’ll take action when that happens.

Matthew
http://normalwatches.com

No comments: