Thursday, June 12, 2008

Verse of the Day - Clear view

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:12-13

This verse was on my mind this morning as I was getting ready for work. It came up as I was waiting for the steam to clear off the bathroom mirror after a hot shower. As my image came into clear view I realized why I worked in radio for so many years...I have the face for it! As I found myself being critical of my imperfections (so many things to choose from) I thought of this verse and was uplifted by what it means. That God sees us and loves us for what we really are. The image we have of ourselves in the here and now is so often distorted. But where we see flaws, God sees beauty. And where we long for the "good ol' days", God assures us that the best is yet to come.

No comments: