Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Who's In Your Fave 5?

Watch any sporting event these days and it is absolutely impossible to escape those "Fave 5" commercials. They crack me up. Barkley is his usual awesome self
("And that's why I don't eat shrimp!" Classic!) And when it comes to acting D-Wade is, well, definitely one of the best b-ballers on the planet.



Seeing these spots adnauseam got me to thinking: if you could have anyone in the world in your fave 5, who would it be? Someone you could call up at anytime to ask their advice, get together for coffee, or discuss if they think unicorns really exist. (They don't).

Here's who I'd have in my Fave 5:



Rob Bell
I've devoured all of Rob's books and NOOMA videos, listen to his weekly podcasts, and even went on a road trip to catch him speak in the ATL. He has such an incredible knowledge of the Bible and engaging personality that makes him truly the most inspiring pastor/teacher that I've ever heard.






Robin Sharma
Another incredible author (you must check out "The Monk That Sold His Ferrari" and "Who Will Cry When You Die.) Robin's website and blog is also a personal fave for insights on how to "Lead Without Title" as he likes to say.











Bono
Who wouldn't want the man behind The Joshua Tree and these sunglasses to be on speed dial?













Mark Hoppus

I love his bands (Blink 182, +44) and his blog/podcast (himynameismark.com) cracks me up. We seem to have a lot in common: we're the same age, both have young kids and love power punk rock and The Descendents...so you know, we'd have tons to talk about it.



Steve Nash.
He's a 2 time MVP. He has his own incredible foundation. And Shaq called him "The Canadian Eminem" which doesn't totally make sense but is still somehow a totally cool nickname. Plus anyone who can make this pass should be in my 5:



So who would be in your Fave 5? Discuss!

No comments: