Friday, November 16, 2007

Back to Back: Jim Fleming and Rob Bell this weekend!


I'm psyched. I get to see two of the most intelligent, engaging and talented Christian speakers at it today back to back. Jim Fleming and Rob Bell. Awesome!

Dr. James Fleming is Director of Biblical Resources Study Center in Jerusalem, Israel, and the President of Biblical Resources, which produces audiovisuals for teaching Bible history. He is also one of the most informed and inspiring speakers I've ever seen. He's given an annual lecture series at my home church, Church Street UMC in Knoxville, Tennessee for like the last 8 or 9 years and he never disappoints. He's the type of guy who has forgotten more about the Bible than I'll EVER know, but comes across so down-to-earth. A truly gifted teacher.

Anyways, his next lecture series at my church is this Sunday-Monday (Nov. 18/19) at Church Street United Methodist. For more information about this year's series and schedule click here. If you're in the Knoxville area and have the chance, do try to catch him.

I will be at Dr. Flemming's Sunday lessons, but not Monday's, because I will be taking a road trip with some friends to the ATL to catch Rob Bell on his "The Gods Aren't Angry Speaking Tour."

I've blogged about how Rob's first book (Velvet Elvis) has inspired me. I just finished his latest book (SexGod) and it was just as outstanding. Evidently at this event, he'll be covering all-new material, so I can't wait.

I'll blog next week with updates and thoughts from both events.

Blessings

No comments: