Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Thankful that God believes in second (and third, and fourth...) chances.

Thankful for a beautiful family and access to plenty of food and clean water.

Thankful for friends who help me carry the load.

Thankful for the sound of an open G played through a Marshal stack.

Thankful for the high pick n' roll and the lost art of the mid-range jump shot.

Thankful I get chills everytime I hear Rocky Top.

Thankful for the sacrifice of many others who came before me.

Thankful for the promise of many others who will be around long after me.

Thankful for the work of Rob Bell, Francis Chan, Timothy Keller, Dr. Jim Flemming, Robin Sharma and Dr. Chris Stephens.

Thankful to have tix to see U2 in concert.

Thankful for the book of Psalms.

Thankful I live just down the street from Litton's and the best burger in the world.

Thankful for good friends that make me laugh until I cry.

Thankful for the Beautitudes.

Thankful for a job where I get to write, think big ideas and be creative.

Thankful for the chance to shine.

Thankful for Stella Artois.

Thankful for family movie night w/ my kids.

Thankful for stories of redemption.

Thankful I survived my freshman year in college.

Thankful for two wonderful parents.

Thankful for a healthy body and the ability to exercise.

Thankful for a blue eyed girl.

Thankful God can make something out of my messes.

Thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. - Lance

No comments: