Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Faith Requires Hiking Boots

Excellent post this a.m. from Knox Media Powerhouse, Hallerin Hilton Hill. (Triple H, Holla!!!) Enjoy as you strap on your hiking boots!


"This morning I was stopped by a 3-verse miracle in Matthew 15.

This miracle is a quickie on the way to the feeding of the 4 thousand.

Here's the passage:

Jesus Heals Many

29 Jesus went on from there and walked s beside the Sea of Galilee. And he went up on the mountain and sat down there. 30 And great crowds came to him, bringing with them the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute, and many others, and they put them at his feet, and he healed them, 31 so that the crowd wondered, when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled healthy, the lame walking, and the blind seeing. And they glorified the God of Israel.

Ok, so that, at first blush it looks like a run of the mill miracle.
(Think about that. Jesus was working miracles on the way to work miracles. BTW there are no "run of the mill" miracles)

Look closer.

I saw 2 things in this passage this morning that I had not seen.

1. Jesus was a mountain climber.

2. The people CLIMBED the mountain to get to him. They were willing to make the effort to get to him.

Not only did they CLIMB to get to him, they took some broken people with them. I imagine some people had to CARRY other people up the mountain to put them in front of Jesus.

WOW! That challenged me.

Had to ask myself a couple of big questions: "Am I willing to make the CLIMB?"

Reality: Sometimes faith requires hiking boots.

What about the broken people I know? Am I willing to exert the extra effort to guide or CARRY them up the mountain and put them in front of Jesus?

Truth is, I've been CARRIED up the mountain.

Bottom line: make the effort.

If He's on the mountain don't wait at the base for him to come down. Put on your hiking boots and get to steppin'. And take someone with you."

No comments: